So i wanted to wrap up my 2013 year in the right way, that is, the right way for me. and this year i thought that would be from a hotel!! so right now i am in a Marriott hotel near my house, yes, you heard me, i am staying at a hotel near my house, haha!
now why would i go to hotel near my own town, you may ask? well first, i LIKE hotels. i like how i don’t have to worry about cooking and cleaning, and i can pick up a magical phone in my room and anything i want will be delivered to me, pronto. i like how i can leave to go get some (complimentary) breakfast, and while i’m gone, my room will magically get cleaned and organized. i like being able to walk down the hall, go down the elevator, and walk right into a restaurant for dinner (again, no cooking & cleaning up!). i like taking baths in a tub that i don’t have to scrub. and second, i feel my creativity & inner voice strikes stronger when i am in a different environment than what i’m used to every day. i can really clear my head and find exactly what my heart is saying, without being influenced by everyday chores and reality.
So, i am typing away on my Macbk Pro (a hand me down from Joseph), with a glass of red wine in hand. i have just finished reflecting on my 2013 in Leonie Dawson’s “2014 Create Your Amazing Year” workbook. I just love her workbooks (and i highly recommend them!) because they inspire me to envision and make happen, all i want for the new year. it also helps me reflect on the year that just ended. the reflecting, for me, is the best way to be able to really see what i learned in the past year, how i grew. and with this knowledge, and with this new & improved me i have become, i can create and plan magic for the next year!
So, what i wanted to share with you – a list of all i did or accomplished in 2013, and all the wishes that came true! 🙂 i always reserve the first few pages of my current journal for things i’ve done or that happened that make my heart sing, and as they happen, i add them to the list 😉
- i was able to share my video of “Little Angels” to a lot of people ( i hope it was able to bring some comfort and love, my goal for writing this song)
- i performed in a female singer/songwriters showcase in Brooklyn
- i sang for a Japan Benefit in Brooklyn
- i saw Dimitri Martin doing his standup comedy at the Tarrytown Music Hall (i bought tix for Joseph for his bday!)
- i was wined, dined and spoiled in NYC for my bday weekend (thank you Joseph!)
- i saw the broadway play “Once” in NYC and loved it (beautiful, the musicians were all right on stage too!)
- i saw a play called “Hikobae” in NYC, about the tsunami in Japan (it was beautiful and moving)
- i did a TON of hiking (food for my body and soul)
- i made a mother’s day pesto bar for my mom at my place 🙂
- i went to Woodstock with Joseph for Memorial Day weekend, and dedicated it to finally celebrating my “Child In Me” Album that i never let myself feel proud of (yes i should have done this in 2011!!)
- climbed to the top of Overlook Mountain, during this getaway (it was not easy!!)
- we created a business name and official biz for any and all of our creations (called kikijojo LLC, heh heh, yes i’m serious. it has numerological significance!!!)
- i sang my stuff on the “Alive with Clive” show
- i went hiking a lot with my favorite boys on the planet, my nephews, and carved their names into a tree
- i wrote “Wedding Song”
- i had the best wedding reception ever, with family and friends!!!
- i had an internal breakthrough with my parents. i forgave everything that was less than ideal from my childhood, and in the process, realized i really have the greatest parents i could ask for
- i paid off my student loan, haha!!
- went to two of my friends’ baby showers (congrats Mino & Amber!)
- went to Fingerlakes wine country and Ithaca for our FIRST honeymoon with Joseph (it was soo wonderful, and Honeymoon #2 will be in France and/or Italy!!)
- i recorded a few music videos with my sister and childhood best friend Mary (they turned out beautiful!!)
- i went to the Renaissance Fair with my sister and my favorite boys on the planet
- i joined a wonderful gym
- i went to Woodstock again with my parents and sister and kids!
- i broke 400,000 hits on my website ( i thank you so much for visiting me, from the bottom of my heart)
- i went on a 7.3 mi hike (goal is 10 miles!)
- i met Francesca Lia Block!!!!!!!! a dream of mine and she knew who i was and liked my outfit and said i was pretty!!!!!!
- i went to go see “Rock & Roll Debauchery”, which my friend Ronnie Negro played drums in and hung out with him and his lovely wife Deeanna afterwards
- i got a tarot card reading from The Tarot Lady (i highly recommend her, she’s great!!)
- we celebrated our first year of marriage in CT, at a Bed & Breakfast, and had a wonderful time with wine and oysters and truffle fries!!!
- i helped put on a kick ass holiday choral concert at Clearview School in Briarcliff!
- i took a bubbly wine class
- i got a gratitude journal app on my iPhone (and religiously record everyday what i love about my life!)
- i had a wonderful Christmas eve celebration with my family
- i had a wonderful Christmas day celebration with Joseph, and got the most wonderful presents, including the Leonie 2014 workbook, and a Sark “How To Be an Artist” blanket!
- i did a 3 day cleanse (raw veg/fruit juices, all veg and non-meat protein diet)
- 2 nights at a hotel to write this blog, and reflect on 2013 and dream up 2014!
So that’s what i have down on the first few pages of my journals, everything that sang to me that i was able to do. But i have to say that the biggest things i got from this year, 2013, was the lessons i learned. i learned to forgive. and in being able to do that, i was able to live and dream, and gain a knowing that i can now set out to make magic happen. i also learned that nobody is better than me, and i am not better than anyone else. a key lesson for me, probably the biggest and something i know i have needed to learn. and also love. that is what i want to give the world, project to everyone around me. there is only love. i also learned to LIVE again. 2011 and 2012, i was stuck in fear. but maybe i needed that to process and learn things. all i asked was to be able to FEEL again. and i was able to. and i am so grateful for that. i also know that yes, we have a portion of responsibility to fulfill. but there is also timing. things will happen in the right time. and sometimes, in order for the time to be right, certain lessons must be learned, certain life experiences must be experienced. certain things must happen before others can come to be.
and i just wanted to say, i am grateful for it all. even the hardships. because through them i am able to get to the next level, to learn the lessons that need learning. to be able to see things clearer, to see why things happen the way they do.
so, here’s to a wonderful, magical, 2014. i hope all of your dreams come true. i know some of my dreams have happened, some are happening right now, and some will happen in 2014. in any case, life is magical at every moment, and there is always a treasure if you look. and remember, there is only love <3